How to Apply
Prior to accessing Brookhaven’s online application, interested students must confirm their eligibility with a StraighterLine enrollment counselor at (877) 989-7396. Students will need to confirm:
- Their completion or enrollment status in a StraighterLine course
- Their state of residency
- Their highest level of education
After initial eligibility has been confirmed, students will be provided access to Brookhaven’s online application. In addition to completing the online application students must provide:
- Proof of residency
Students who have interest in the program must first call a StraighterLine enrollment counselor to get access to the Brookhaven online application: (877) 989-7396. Or please click here to request more information about the program.
Students should be aware that Brookhaven retains final authority on admissions of students into the StraighterLine-Brookhaven College program.
How to complete program prerequisites
We’ve made it easy to qualify – and earn college credit – for the program by offering two convenient options to complete your StraighterLine course prerequisite.
Option A: For Students Who Have Not Completed a StraighterLine Course
Students who have not completed a StraighterLine course must enroll in and successfully complete StraighterLine’s United States History (USHIST101) to be eligible for the StraighterLine-Brookhaven College program. For students planning to enroll in the program, there is no cost to take and complete U.S. History. Interested students should call a StraighterLine enrollment counselor at (877) 989-7396 for access to this course.
Please note that successful completion of this course does not guarantee your admission into the program and that Brookhaven retains final authority on admissions of students into the StraighterLine-Brookhaven program.
- Upon successful completion of United States History (USHIST101) at StraighterLine, you will be eligible to apply for the StraighterLine-BrookHaven College associate degree program.
- Students who complete U.S. History at StraighterLine and are admitted into the program will earn three credits towards completion of your associate degree with Brookhaven.
Option B: For Students Who Have Already Completed a StraighterLine Course*
Students who have successfully completed a StraighterLine course in the last 18 months will be deemed to have met the StraighterLine course prerequisite are eligible to apply to the StraighterLine-Brookhaven College program.
- Apply now: Call an enrollment counselor at (877) 989-7396 to get access to the Brookhaven online application for admission into the StraighterLine-Brookhaven College program.
- Earn college credit: Eligible StraighterLine courses count for credit towards completion of your associate degree within the program. If your course is not eligible for credit towards the degree program, you will have still met the application requirement.
Eligible StraighterLine Courses for Credit
Depending on the program of study you choose, the following StraighterLine courses may count for credit towards completion of your associate degree within the program:
- US HIST101
- US HIST102
- BIO101 & BIO101L
- CHEM101 & CHEM101L
- PHIL101 (Applies to Criminal Justice Degree only)
- ECON101 (Applies to Business Degree only)
- ECON102 (Applies to Business Degree only)
*Brookhaven has the final authority on accepting all outside credit and will evaluate any additional requests to transfer outside credits into the program.